Skip to content

Call for a Consultation

(213) 489-5202

LA Immigration Lawyer Blog

“U” Visa Certification

A “U” Visa is a visa set aside for victims of certain crimes, and their immediate family, who have been the victim of a serious crime while in the United States and are willing to cooperate with law enforcement in the investigation of the crime. If a person is approved for a “U” Visa, it…
Read More

Public Benefits and Immigration

In the United States, any person can apply for any of the social aid programs that exist in the country such as SNAP and Medicaid. However, if the government decides that a person immigrating to the country will come to rely on cash aid programs like Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Supplemental Security…
Read More

Realize Your Dream of Citizenship

There are many reasons an immigrant may not want to become a citizen. However, most of the time people avoid naturalization because they are facing one or many obstacles on their path. There are a few solutions to help raise interest in and dispel any fears and concerns about the naturalization process. The most common…
Read More

What questions are asked in a family-based immigration interview?

Under the current administration, 2018 was a harrowing year for immigrants on many levels. Think tank the Cato Institute reported that, between 2016 and 2018, there was a 37% increase in the general denial of immigration benefits. And within that widening pool of denials were thousands of immigrants seeking a family-based “adjustment of status.” What…
Read More

A Primer for Family-Based Immigration

Los Angeles Family-Based Immigration Lawyers Ever since Donald Trump ran for presidency on the issue of building a wall between Mexico and the United States, family-based immigration has been in the news. Over the past few weeks, the U.S. government has been at a standstill because a wall-funded budget cannot be passed. So more than…
Read More

Getting Your U.S. Marriage or Spousal Visa

Getting Your U.S. Marriage or Spousal Visa You’ve been visiting the one you love in the United States via the Visa Waiver Program known as ESTA, which stands for Electronic System for Travel Authorization. This program permits you to visit the U.S. for up to ninety days without first obtaining a Visa. Under ESTA, you’re…
Read More
Scroll To Top