Reuniting Families in the United States

Are you currently trying to immigrate to the U.S. to join your family? You may have a lot of questions in regards to how much it will cost, how long the process takes, or what requirements exist for a family-based visa. Our Los Angeles family immigration attorneys at the Law Offices of Elsa Martinez, PLC can answer these questions and help guide you towards the best decision for you. We have over 20 years of experience helping clients get through the process of immigrating to the U.S.

Bringing Your Family to the U.S.

Helping U.S. citizens sponsor their foreign family members is one of the areas our firm focuses on. Both lawful permanent residents and citizens can sponsor qualifying family members for a temporary or permanent visa. It is very important that you go through legal avenues to bring your loved ones to the United States permanently. If you take other routes which are not legal, it could complicate life both for your family members and for you.

  • There are a number of different types of categories for family immigration, including:
  • Family first preference: This includes unmarried children of U.S. citizens and any minor dependents.
  • Family second preference: Unmarried children under the age of 21 of lawful permanent residents, and, spouses of legal permanent residents.
  • Family third preference: Married children, their spouses, and minor children if any of U.S. citizens.
  • Family fourth preference: Siblings, their spouses, and minors of U.S. citizens.

K Visa Lawyer in Los Angeles

Our Los Angeles immigration attorneys can also assist you to obtain a temporary visa to bring your fiancé to the U.S, while you are waiting for their green card to process. There are K visas available which allow you to sponsor your spouse or fiancé. K-1 visas allow your fiancé to join you and allow for your wedding within 90 days of their arrival. We understand how important it is to be with your loved one and we are here to help make it possible. K-3 visas allow a spouse of a U.S. citizen to enter the United States legally and complete the permanent residence process from within the U.S. and bridge the time that such applications may take.

Please give us a call today at (213) 489-5202 to schedule a case consultation to discuss your needs.

Los Angeles Family Immigration Attorney