Assistance Obtaining Specialty Occupation Visas

Although there are many different types of employment visas, one of the most common types is the H-1B visa. This visa is intended to let employers bring professional employees to the U.S. on a temporary basis. This visa is specifically intended for individuals who are highly educated with a minimum four year college degree, as well as those with a master's degree or a doctorate. Those who are considered to be hired for government projects or special research may also be considered for the H-1B visa.

At the Law Offices of Elsa Martinez, PLC, we can help both employers and employees to navigate the application process. Contact us today to learn more.

Seek Temporary Employment in the U.S.

Typically, temporary or nonimmigrant visas are easier to procure than those which are seeking permanent residency. If you have significant ability in a field, are highly educated, or have distinguished merit, you may be able to qualify for this visa. This visa is not intended for individuals who wish to obtain a green card (permanent residency), but only for those who are being offered a temporary opportunity or position. As such, the employer must already have a Form I-129 approved before you apply for a H1-B specialty occupation visa.

  • The employer who sponsors an employee for the H-1B visa will need to take the following steps:
  • Filing a Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Form I-129.
  • Provide evidence that they are offering an employment position.
  • Provide evidence that the position cannot be filled locally.
  • Obtain labor certification for the employee.

Immigration Attorneys in Los Angeles

Our Los Angeles immigration lawyers are here to assist you, from answering your questions to helping you with your paperwork. We are prepared to address any problems that may crop up, and keep you informed of the progress of you application.

Contact our firm today by calling (213) 489-5202 to get started!