Secure a Visa to Invest in a U.S. Business

Having the capital to invest and a deserving, existing business to invest in is the first step towards your success as an investor. However, if you wish to come to the United States to invest in a U.S. based business, you will need to have a special visa. Applying for an investment visa can be very confusing and difficult, especially if you do not have any experience with immigration law. Working with a Los Angeles immigration attorney is the most effective way to secure a visa. Our team at the Law Offices of Elsa Martinez, PLC is prepared to help you.

Contact us today to schedule a consultation to discuss your needs.

Types of Investment Visas

Depending on whether you are seeking temporary or permanent residency, you will need to determine which type of visa is right for you. Whether you are relocating your existing business or investing in a business already operating in the U.S., you will need to meet qualifications and prove that you are able to make the intended investment.

  • The following are the most common types of investment visas:
  • E-1 treaty trade visa: For individuals who intend to take part in a large amount of international trade.
  • E-2 treaty investment visa: For individuals who intend to invest a substantial amount of assets.
  • EB-5 investment visa: For individuals who will be investing at least $1,000,000 in a U.S. based business. This business must create jobs or employ at least 10 U.S. employees.

EB-5 Requirements & Application Process

The EB-5 investment visa is the most common type of visa our clients seek, as it allows a significant amount of freedom if the appropriate amount of capital is available. This visa also allows for permanent residency, as well as providing you and your family a variety of benefits. Filing for an EB-5 visa requires a large amount of paperwork, which is why hiring a Los Angeles investment visa attorney to guide you can be critical.

The requirements for an EB-5 visa are that the intended business must be a for-profit company and that you have $1,000,000 to invest (with the exception of targeted areas). After you have located the intended business, you will have to make the investment, submit a petition with our firm's help, obtain permanent residency on a conditional basis, and then submit another application after your two year conditional residency.

To speak with a Los Angeles immigration lawyer about your options or to get started, call us now at (213) 489-5202.