Los Angeles Immigration Lawyers for Visa Applications
Being offered a temporary job in the United States can be a very exciting opportunity. However, the process involved in applying for an H-2B visa can be complicated, and getting it wrong can be disastrous. It is important that you consult with an experienced Los Angeles H-2B visa attorney. Our legal team at Law Offices of Elsa Martinez, PLC is dedicated to providing both potential employees and employers the attention your case deserves.
Guiding You From Start to Finish
The purpose of an H-2B visa is to allow an employer to bring a foreign worker to the U.S. for a non-agricultural temporary job. This visa is a nonimmigrant visa, which means the employee will be allowed to stay in the country for up to one year, if they are approved. In certain industries, there are not enough qualified or willing workers who are U.S. citizens to get the job done. As such, offering employment opportunities to qualified foreign workers is the most sensible choice.
- Positions which may qualify for the H-2B visa include those which are:
- One-time positions: A one-time event or unique circumstances require workers for a short duration.
- Peak load positions: A short-term demand or a seasonal need leads to employer requiring supplemental staff.
- Seasonal positions: A reoccurring seasonal need for an employer to hire additional workers, such as during summer each year or any other seasonal pattern.
- Intermittent positions: An occasional or intermittent need for an employer to hire workers for a short duration.
Attentive & Knowledgeable Immigration Firm
With 15 years of experience under our belt, our Los Angeles immigration lawyers and team are prepared to help you secure an H-2B visa. We understand that the qualifications and steps involved in the application can be confusing. You can rely on us to keep you informed and educated as to your options and status of your application.
To start with a case consultation, call our office now at (213) 489-5202.