Need an H Visa for Temporary or Seasonal Work?

Nonimmigrant, employment based visas is one of the ways to come to the United States for a temporary work position. For example, agricultural positions often come up on a seasonal basis, calling for a significant amount of temporary workers.

If you are interested in coming to the U.S. on a temporary basis for seasonal work, an agricultural visa may be right for you. Our immigration attorneys are here to work with you to determine the best course of action and which visa is most appropriate.

Types of Temporary Worker Visas

H-2 visas are appropriate for temporary workers who will be performing services or labor. There are two different types of H-2 visas for temporary workers, H-2A and H-2B. Each has its own restrictions, which is important for the employer to understand when petitioning. Our firm has 15 years of experience in the field of immigration law and we can help guide you towards the best choice. The H-2A visa is appropriate for agricultural workers, while the H-2B is for non-agricultural workers.

  • H-2 visas have the following restrictions:
  • H-2A: Employers must hire U.S. workers for at least 50% of the work, before hiring foreign nationals.
  • H-2B: Employers must procure a temporary labor certification which proves that no local U.S. citizen or green card holder employees are available.

In either case, there must be clear evidence provided that the position is temporary and there are no intentions to keep the employee on a permanent basis.

Reach out to us today at (213) 489-5202 to set up an appointment for a case evaluation.

Agriculture Immigration Lawyer in Los Angeles