Providing Help for F-1 Student Visas in the United States

Are you or someone you love looking to pursue an education in the United States? At the Law Offices of Elsa Martinez, we have over two decades of collective experience that can be used to help you through complex student immigration matters. Our lead attorney is a former prosecutor for the Immigration Naturalization Service (USCIS), providing invaluable knowledge from the other side of the courtroom.

If you enlist the help of our Los Angeles immigration attorneys, we can assist with a number of student immigration situations:

  • F-1 student visas: Primary means by which international students attend school in the U.S.
  • J-1 student visas: Generally used by students in educational exchange programs.
  • M-1 student visas: Allows international students to attend accredited vocational or non-academic schools in the U.S.
  • OPT (Optional Practical Training): Temporary employment that authorizes F-1 visa holders to stay in the U.S. for an additional year after graduating.
  • Visa extensions: Expiring student visas may be extended depending on the status of the student.

F-1 Student Visa Requirements

F-1 is the most common type of student visa in the United States. It allows you to attend an accredited college, university, seminary, conservatory, high school, elementary school or other academic institution.

Requirements for the F-1 student visa:

  • Accepted by a U.S. school that is approved by the SEVP
  • Enrolled full-time
  • Proof of enough financial support to complete your studies
  • Paid application fees
  • Adequate knowledge of the English language

If you meet all of the requirements, you may apply for an F-1 student visa and then schedule and prepare for your interview. The interview will determine if you are qualified to receive the F-1 student visa.

Our Los Angeles immigration lawyers at the Law Offices of Elsa Martinez can provide the proper representation to meet all of your student immigration needs, whether it’s help with paperwork or procuring an extension on a student visa.

Contact us online or call (213) 489-5202 to speak with an attorney.